Here’s an update on what happened lately:
- My lovely daughter Rosa was born the 14th of September, 2012. Best thing that ever happened to me.
- Launched a new site for GeoTypico.com, the site that highlights and sells great local gifts from all over the world. It’s still and probably forever will be my dream to sell all things typical for a certain place in the world. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to have one platform to easily buy the best Cuban cigars, the best Italian wines, the best Dutch cheese and the best Swiss chocolate? Check it out and let me know what you think. The new design should more than ever emphasize that great local gifts can be bought through us. To tell these products’ their story we’ve turned to another site now: blog.geotypico.com.
- Went snowboarding in Avoriaz, France with my friend Bram for a week. Lovely.
- Started assisting my former employer selling software for volunteer centers and started doing Project Management @ MrYnk.
- Started helping out a good friend of mine who sells authentic Indian furniture through Orientals to conquer the German market. Set up the Moebel-Indien.de website for that. Together with Alexandra Gudowski with whom I’ve started marketing and sales agency Hupplakee we’ll be working that German market. In little time and with little effort already three companies have become clients which inspires us to work even harder.
Now it’s time for me to extend and improve GeoTypico’s offer and to also help out desktop publishers De Hazen with their marketing and sales. Looking forward to that as well!
“We waren eigenlijk alleen maar op zoek naar meer goede opdrachtgevers. Bob heeft niet alleen daarvoor gezorgd met zijn gehaaide sales-mentaliteit, maar belangrijker nog, heeft hij er voor gezorgd dat we een eenduidiger bedrijf zijn geworden. We hebben in feite ontdekt wat voor een bedrijf we nu zijn! Niet alleen goed voor onze opdrachtgevers, maar ook voor onszelf. We hopen nog lang met hem samen te werken.” – Remco van den Brink – mede-eigenaar Mr. Ynk
Jeez, already August last year I published the last post on this site. A lot has happened since:
1. GeoTypico (one of Bupster Inc’s main projects) has got a completely new design and we’re proud of that. We did this because we wanted to clearly communicate that regarding Amsterdam’s icons we:
- publish quality information for you to orientate on Amsterdam before you go there
- offer tours and tickets for original things to do when you’re there
- offer stylish and qualitative gifts and souvenirs for when you’re back home
Tell us what you think of it, whether that’s positive or not.
2. I worked for I-Company to get them a new hosting website. My tasks were to make a functional and graphical design (based on their existing style), to help decide on the services to be published and to write down these services in the no-nonsense and hardworking way that represents I-Company.
3. Continuous marketing, organization and sales work for Mr. Ynk (a digital production company that builds action marketing websites, rich media banners and apps)
4. Helping out creative agency De Hazen decide on their business strategy and future website
Having successfully decided on Mr.Ynk’s business strategy, Bupster Inc has been asked to do Mr.Ynk‘s sales in accordance with this new strategy. In order to cooperate with Mr.Ynk many online production and advertising agencies based in and around Amsterdam, will be contacted. First results are very hopeful for Mr.Ynk’s future.
Meanwhile Bupster Inc has been asked to decide on a future business strategy for DTP/PrePress agency De Hazen. Like processes done for Vellance and Mr.Ynk this process once again opens up the eyes of those involved and gives food for thought about the possible future scenarios.
Are you looking for an internship as a webmaster? Look no further. GeoTypico is looking for you if you match this profile (in Dutch): Stage oproep 9 april 2011 v1
Today we spent some time on getting a page on Facebook. We temporarily had a personal page but a personal page isn’t public and doesn’t support search engines.
The only sad thing is that we don’t seem to able to add friends! Something that could easily be done with a personal page… :-s In order for us to become friends with you we need you to contact us! Here’s how: go to our new Facebook page and click ‘Like’. Another way would be to use the Facebook box on the right side for this. That’s all. Thanks!
We’re proud to announce that GeoTypico.com is live since the 16th of February, 2011.
As many know this awesome looking site was created with the speed of light. The only thing that made development somewhat less speedy was the integration of modules to run several webshops within this one Magento e-commerce frame.
GeoTypico serves as a bridge between great local offer and the rest of the world. We start out with Amsterdam, the Netherlands to later on take on cities like New York, Paris, Rome and Berlin. Local offer often is unknown and if known, hard or impossible to attain. The worlds’ trend towards authenticity and globalization made us create this platform to promote and enable sales of great local offer.
Great local offer makes a special gift, real musthave or authentic souvenir. For some it may even mean a new business because if it’s hot somewhere else, why not in your country?
Organization wise GeoTypico is a market place like e-bay only with ten times more warmth and style. Sellers connected to GeoTypico sell their offer throuhg GeoTypico on their own terms and conditions. We’re ‘just’ offering them a heavily visited platform with great promotion and an internationally oriented payment module. GeoTypico is paid through advertisements and a sales commission.
Via our still somewhat to be tuned blog site you can stay up to date with the latest added products and services and with news about our selection of Amsterdam icons. You’ll also find an article here about our current offer and offer soon to come.
Fast growing web development agency Mr. Ynk hired Bupster Inc to decide on their business strategy for the coming years.
After having discussed Mr. Ynk’s profile and desired future we concluded upon Mr. Ynk’s strengths & weaknesses. Following this internal analysis we discussed and researched their external environment (competitors per market, market analysis per market and, buyer analysis), resulting in some very interesting opportunities and threats.
Looking at the opportunities and threats from Mr. Ynk’s strengths and weaknesses’ perspective Bupster Inc has come up with some promising strategic alternatives. Soon there’ll be a finalizing meeting to conclude upon the future business strategy for Mr. Ynk.
Following the future business strategy an operational plan will be concluded on. Part of this operational plan will be Bupster Inc’s sales actions (cold calling, arranging and attending meetings).
The pragmatic approach chosen resulted in fast but reliable results as both parties strongly believe in the 80/20-rule (80% of the results in 20% of the time). Concluding upon the business strategy and its operationalization will have been done within two weeks effectively.
(Dutch version below)
GeoTypico.com is live per the 16th of February. GeoTypico is an international webportal which highlight regions’ best & most typical offer and which makes it available for sale internationally. GeoTypico is about great local offer often unknown abroad or if known, hard to attain. GeoTypico starts out with Amsterdam, the Netherlands after which we will focus on cities like London, Paris, Berlin, Rome and New York. Great local offer makes a special gift, authentic souvenir or real musthave. Our target group is highly educated, interested in other cultures, loves authenticity, has a good job and an average to high income.
Organisation wise GeoTypico is an online market place for local sellers and international clients.
GeoTypico is looking for an allround technical partner with a clear mind and entrepeneurial spirit. A share of up to 50% of the revenues is possible without a financial investment beforehand. A share of max. 50% can be gained if the time you spent and/or value you have is comparable to the owner’s time spent/value.
The ideal allround technical business partner is:
1. communicative (what will you be doing, when and why?)
2. proactive (you make suggestions/proposals to further improve the site and you go for that)
3. passionate about the concept and its success
4. business savvy (you know which priorities to set and you understand why something has to be done first)
5. a doer (you have an entrepeneurial spirit, you’re energetic and creative, you dare to do things)
Technically seen in the ideal picture you’re good with:
- Video editing software like Final Cut Pro
- Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Advertising
Interested? Contact Bob Alexander Lei, tel 06 2907 6947, email email@example.com
GeoTypico.com is per 16 februari live gegaan. GeoTypico is een internationale webportal welke “regions’ best and most typical offer” etaleert en internationaal verkrijgbaar maakt. Aanbod dat in het buitenland niet bekend is en/of niet (gemakkelijk) verkrijgbaar. We beginnen met Amsterdam gevolgd door meerdere wereldsteden zoals Parijs, Rome, Londen en New York. Het aanbod leent zich als musthave, bijzonder cadeau of authentiek souvenir. De doelgroep: hoger opgeleiden, cultureel geïnteresseerd, hang naar authenticiteit, veelal werkend en een redelijk tot hoog inkomen.
Organisatorisch gezien is GeoTypico een online marktplaats voor lokale verkopers en internationale klanten.
GeoTypico zoekt een allround technisch zakenpartner met gezond verstand en ondernemersgeest. Een aandeel in GeoTypico is mogelijk tot 50% en zonder financiële investering vooraf. Die max. 50% kan behaald worden door qua tijd en waarde net zo veel te doen/te betekenen als de eigenaar van GeoTypico.
De ideale allround technische zakenpartner is:
1. communicatief (wat ga je doen, wanneer, waarom?)
2. proactief (je doet voorstellen ter verdere verbetering van de site)
3. gepassioneerd voor het concept en de succesvolle uitrol daarvan
4. business savvy (je kunt prioriteiten stellen en snapt waarom het één eerder moet dan het andere)
5. een doener (je bent ondernemend, energiek en creatief, je durft dingen)
Technisch gezien kun je idealiter goed omgaan met:
- Videobewerkingssoftware zoals Final Cut Pro
Daarnaast heb je idealiter veel ervaring met/sta je open voor het leren van Search Engine Optimization en Search Engine Advertising.
Interessant? Neem dan snel contact op met Bob Alexander Lei, tel 06 2907 6947, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Having almost finished my successful sales activities for Parc Productions (you can check with owner Michiel if you’re skeptic; 0031 20 4892455) I will soon have approximately up to 2 to 3 days per week to get you some new clients. If you’ve got added value, I’ll get you new business. Rest assured.
Try me: 0031 6 2907 6947. Starting from as low as 45 euros per hour you can’t loose.
Check out more on why you should hire me.